Saturday, June 11, 2011

Perfectly Simple

Wow....am I actually sitting down at the computer to blog?  What a good feeling that is!  There's something about creating a post revolving around my family, our land, and our lifestyle that just brings me peace!  It's proven to be a way to slow down and soak in the abundancy of blessings the Lord has showered on our family.  All too often during the day it's easy to lose sight of that truth in the hustle and bustle of life here on our land!

Since Tommy has returned to work, life seems to have taken charge of me again....whether my body feels like cooperating or not!  I'm just grateful that I've been able to do what I have and that my little sister has been such a help these last several weeks!  It's a long process but a learning one for me as well.  God knows what he's doing with us, even when we can't see exactly where things might be leading! 

Daddy and all four kids, celebrating 'our very own' Father's Day since he'll be at work then!  I LOVE this man, I enjoy him, I appreciate him, and I MISS him when he's not here.  Ten years ago I could never have even dreamed that I'd have the man I have in my husband and the perfect family that we have!  These children are blessed to call him Daddy!


To slow down for a minute and just be still, here's sharing a sight just down the road........


How can one see such beauty and not believe?
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and God-head;so that they are without excuse:  Romans 1:20

So beautiful, so big, and so much bigger than me and whatever worries I may carry on my heart today! 
Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,  Ephesians 3:20

And an update on the cows!  As of yesterday we had several calves about to be born, including to this poor Mama!  Her udders enlarged like this last year also and baby did fine.  Perhaps she's just going to keep favoring towards engorgement each time.  As long as the calf can suck, we should be fine!  And this morning, we have a new calf!  Just not to this Longhorn of Tommy's Dad's, but to a younger Longhorn of ours!  I'll be riding the kids out to see this weekend and will be sure to share pictures!  And who knows, we just may have another before then!



 Not to leave you without some of the sweetness in my days....


My amazing, handsome, perfect little boys!  How these little fellas make my heart just fill over with love for them is something else!  Please keep both of them in your prayers!  Aiden's foot is giving him trouble.  I've put him in some more supportive shoes instead of the summer sandals and they're hurting his foot.  We will be taking him back to Shriner's to check in on things, hopefully towards the end of summer!  As for little Cass man, he is up for another renal scan at the end of next month.  That's our big, nuclear test of the kidneys that shows flow and function.  Both of these boys are so amazing, so perfect, and so complete.  We just need a little extra courage and prayer to get them both past these bumps in the road!  Thanks ahead of time!

Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer.  Psalm 19:14

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, even if I can't reply to every comment! Keep it honest, classy, and appropriate please!