Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday Thinking

Today, I'm admittedly not where I want to be.  Well, hypothetically that is.  I am exactly where I want to be, I'm just not capable of doing what I want to be doing.  But apparently, this IS what I'm supposed to be doing.  I can't change the fact that I'm stuck on the couch, I can however change how I look at today.  God doesn't make mistakes and I know He hasn't forgotten about me or left me out to dry with yesterday's laundry.  That leaves only one option....I must be exactly where I'm SUPPOSED to be today.  I do know, that regardless of my attitude and emotions (trust me, they've been all over the place) I AM exactly where God called me to be today!  And my choice is in how to take that, how to find His purpose in this, and above all how to make sure that my life today brings Him glory.

For today I am reminded......

And we know that all things work together for the good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
Romans 8:28

Knowing that He WILL finish what He has started, I find comfort in knowing that somehow, this is all part of a great big plan....

The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me; thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever; forsake not the works of thine own hands.
Psalm 138:8

Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ.
Philippians 1:6


In these days of not being able to do the work I'm accustomed to, or to be who I feel I need to be for those around me, I find myself feeling kind of helpless.  But you see, when I'm helpless and don't know what to do or how to make it happen, our good Lord has me covered!  That's a wonderful security I find in trying to live His will and not my own!

Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities ; for we know not what we should pray for as we ought; but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.  And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Romans 8:24-27

I've been so blessed to feel, hear, and see the hand of God in my life.  You see, I know what I'm supposed to be doing with my days, and this is just it.  My first and foremost ministry and calling in life is to be a wife and a mother.  And I thank you Lord for such a perfect place to be....this life and family are more than I could have ever asked for.  So amidst the frustration and sadness of not being able to do what I think I need to do, I know.  I know that it will be okay, that we will be okay.  Being a Christian was never supposed to make life easier or make me perfect.  Instead, it insures my future and gives me a hope when things seem hopeless!  For my imperfections are what make me in need of a savior to turn to each and every day!  In the meantime, I also know this....

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:11

From my heart to yours and so much bigger than any of my discontentment in recovering, is this....

Super baby!  All of a sudden, we have a big little boy!  My baby has turned into one of the big kids, or so he thinks!  Especially when it comes to rough housing with Daddy!


Have I ever mentioned that I have FIVE kids!  This little family tradition we have equates to a nightly fit of giggles for all involved or watching from the outside!


I still can't figure out whose the biggest kid of them all!!!!


And the garden continues to grow!  The kids' sunflowers are blooming!


There's nothing better than this!


Ta-Dah!!!!  Presenting today's harvest!  Tomorrow will be the day to start preserving!  I can do alot to help!  My slicing, dicing, and instruction giving skills are in no way connected to my stomach muscles! ;)


Pile of Kids!  Oh how I wish I could have captured all five smiles at once.  But I'll take what I can get here!

Here's to a wonderful week for us all!
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, even if I can't reply to every comment! Keep it honest, classy, and appropriate please!