Thursday, August 11, 2011

Prayer Request For Our Gracie

Gracie Elizabeth Sheree....our youngest daughter.....sweet and spicy all wrapped up in one perfect, beautiful little girl!  She'll be four in just three months and she has a heart bigger than you could ever imagine!  My heart is caught between faith and a pretty good scare right now.  The best thing I can do  is ask for your prayers.  Gracie and Cass both have strep.  Because of that, we've stumbled across something else.  The grace comes in at knowing how blessed we are to have found out something is going on sooner than later.
Sugar.  Too much of it in her blood.  Talk about coming from nowhere, I'm not quite sure we've really wrapped our heads and hearts around the complexity of it.  So I'll just share the details thus far.  She had a 3 hour glucose test this morning and I can't make it sound good because it just wasn't.  She's tiny, it hurt, and it was hard for her.  But she made it through, after having her blood and urine taken 5 times in those 3 hours. 

The good news is that she is producing insulin.  So no Type 1 Diabetes right now (or hopefully ever, I'm not really sure about how all of that works yet).  The 'gist' of the test results is this....her sugar is spiking after she eats and it shouldn't be.  Our wonderful family practitioner feels like it's probably something along the lines of Postprandial Hyperglycemia which basically means her sugar levels rise after she eats.  In and of itself it doesn't sound too awfully scary, unless you're a diabetic.  But what does is that it could signal a pre-diabetic condition.  I sure hope I'm getting all of that right.

 What we do know is that her diet needs watched.  And that as soon as we get some other labs back, including the test showing her sugar average over the past three months, we'll be going to see a Pediatric Endocrinologist in Lafayette.  As for food choices....I'm between boggled and encouraged after a long shopping trip just trying to substitute some of our basics and staples.  It's one thing for an adult....another for a three year old who can be very particular about her eating habits.
Please pray for Gracie....for all of her health, fears of the testing, and her sweet little girl heart that seems to internalize, absorb, and ponder all of what life throws her way.  She's so sweet.  She's so perfect.  I don't want her to have to face any life changing conditions.  And I guess I don't know what else to say other than thank you.  Our God is good, He is powerful, and like I said in just my last post....

God's will is what we would choose if we knew all of the facts.

I know that.

I trust Him.

He loves my little girl even more than Tommy and I could ever imagine loving her (and that's HUGE).

And as Gracie herself loves to say.....
"God is faithful.....I can dig it!"


 In the meantime, I'm just a Mama.  And I'm scared.  Please continue to pray for our little girl! 
And most of all, to my precious little princess......

We love you so very, very much and you're one tough little pumpkin!

Always know that God says it best himself when He's said......

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.   Jeremiah 29:11
   
I LOVE YOU GRACIE!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hello,
    I will be praying for you and your family.. My youngest son Isaac was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes this past December.. If you have any qustions or if I can be of any help just let me know..

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you, even if I can't reply to every comment! Keep it honest, classy, and appropriate please!