Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Catch Up Time From Way Out In The Country

Lots of new news from this neck of the woods!  Served along side a very sincere, well intentioned, written here commitment to blog more in these upcoming days!  It's hot, dry, and back to business here where we live.  Thankfully the evenings are beginning to cool down, bringing a hope for some cool, fall relief on it's way!

In the meantime, we are back in the rythym of school weeks, to newly include Gracie's first year of dance!  The kids are growing, becoming bigger, smarter, and busier than ever before!  Next week I start back to counseling at the Pregnancy Resource Center I volunteer at!  Tomorrow starts the next few months to be full of little ones birthdays and lots of family inbetween!

Tommy's been busy with more work days than usual and we look forward to being back into our usual schedule with him.  And thank the Lord, we now have a perfect, precious, healthy nephew!  I'm proud to introduce....

Tucker Wade Richmond
Born August 30th, 2011
6lbs. 10oz.
20in.


For those of you who may not know or remember, this baby's safety is quite the answered prayer!  Little Tuck tried to make his appearance almost 15 weeks ago!  Through these scary weeks, and only by the grace of God, Gena and Jonathon welcomed their first baby into our lives last night at just a day short of 37 weeks!  He is sure to be one very happy, very special little boy! 

Welcome to our family little Tucker Wade!  We already love you so very much and we can't wait to watch you grow up!


As for our oldest little boy, he is now going strong in first grade!  Just the second day of school, he amazed his teacher, the 2nd grade teacher, and the principal with his reading ability!  They've started him in the Accelerated Reading program to assess what grade level he's actually reading at and to reward him for his extra work!  We are very proud of him and so happy that he's been blessed with a wonderful teacher this year who recognizes, encourages, and acknowledges his strengths!


Our boys, intently studying the workings of the ferry on their way to Aunt Gena's house for Uncle Keiths going to college get together!


And the baby boy....sound asleep after lots of hard play in his toy boxes!


 Our littlest girl Gracie on her way to her first dance class!  She's so excited to be there, and we're proud of our little princess too!


 Now for those of you who know Gracie, this will come as probably no surprise!  This here picture was taken during a night at the emergency room!  And that there little brace/contraption in not exactly a set of fairy wings.  Instead....it's what she has to wear the next several weeks after recieving a broken collar bone!  She's doing great, but still seems to forget that she's not really a monkey princess and can't be wrestling or beating up her brothers!  I guess that's what happens when you have to hold your ground in a house with two very rambunctios little boys!

And that would be a very quick recap of our last few weeks.  It's funny how life seems to take us by the heart, mind, and good intentions of every day and before you know it, the next season begins.  That would be about where I am right now as I sit here and write this.  There's times I have more questions than I do answers.  This is one of those times for me.  So until God provides the way, if it is to be shown, then I will just keep on doing what I do best.  Tending to the first and foremost calling and responsibility in my heart.  Being Mom.  To the greatest 4 kids in the world.  And being the wife that Tommy needs and deserves.  And letting the Lord use me, to shine His light into the hearts of the women that come through the Pregnancy Center.  And maybe to not ask too many questions.  I'm not sure on that one.....I'll have to get back to you on it!  And above all else.....to love and trust the Lord with all of my heart and all of who I am.  Even on the days I have to do so with unanswered questions, unmet expectations, and not as much courage as I should have.  He will carry me if only I seek Him first. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you, even if I can't reply to every comment! Keep it honest, classy, and appropriate please!